In this role, you will work alongside a Browne Consulting Group Controller to support 4 to 6 clients simultaneously through a combination of remote work and on-site meetings in the Cambridge area and Boston suburbs.
You will become a key part-time member of each client’s fast-growing organization, where you will learn about and understand their business model, all while being the accounting experts that they will rely on. Clients will count on our team to help develop financial controls and procedures, manage the accounting, finance, and HR aspects of fast-growing companies, and support them as they scale from seed stage through Series A and beyond. The ideal candidate filling this role has the aptitude and desire to grow into an Accounting Manager and eventually to a Controller level role.
The candidate will support a Browne Consulting Group Controller on several clients and responsibilities include:
- Record journal entries and accruals.
- Reconcile bank statements and support the monthly close process
- Work with Audit, Tax, and Valuation firms
- On board new employees and process payroll
- Maintain census and employee records
- Oversee the ordering and receiving process to ensure tight controls over purchasing
- Enter new vendors (W9’s, ACH information) and process 1099 forms
- Code and enter invoices into Bill Pay
- Continued exposure to new areas of responsibility to increase depth of knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA or Master’s preferred
- CPA or on track to complete is required
- Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm experience required
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience required
- Previous experience working in Life Science or Technology companies desired