In this role, you will work alongside a Browne Consulting Group Controller to support 4 to 6 clients simultaneously through a combination of remote work and on-site meetings in the Cambridge area and Boston suburbs.
You will become a key part-time member of each client’s fast-growing organization, where you will learn about and understand their business model, all while being the accounting expert and day-to-day point of contact that they will rely on. Clients will count on you to help develop financial controls and procedures, manage the accounting, finance and HR aspects of fast-growing companies, and supervise junior accounting staff as each company scales from seed stage through Series A and beyond.
The candidate will be a key point of contact for several clients and responsibilities include:
- Lead small, seed stage clients with guidance and support from Controller.
- Guide and support Senior Accountants on large, later stage clients.
- Assist/manage the monthly close and annual reporting process
- Exposure with preparing investor and board related financial reports and decks
- Help with budgets, variance analysis, and cash flow forecasts
- A main lead when working with Audit, Tax, and Valuation firms
- On board new employees and process payroll
- Maintain census and employee records, and 401(k) compliance.
- Support and collaborate with benefits and corporate insurance brokers
- Involved with A/P responsibilities and processing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, MBA or Master’s preferred
- CPA strongly preferred.
- Big 4 or large regional public accounting firm experience required
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience required
- Previous experience working in Life Science or Technology companies desired